Thursday, April 29, 2021

A Message From God





I was watching the boys this week when they sat down to watch one of their favorite videos on my i pad. 

Earlier we had read one of their new favorite books, The Cat in the Hat, and after playing outside they were settling down while I made lunch. 

As they found their spot on the couch, and I was getting ready to type into the search bar, I spied a notification from my Bible app. It was the verse of the day, 

“A new commandment I give you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you are also to love one another.”
John 13:34 ESV

Well I found the verse to be quite timely since sometimes little boys don’t always see eye to eye. I said to them that I had just gotten a message on my i pad from God. 

I began to read the verse in a somewhat Dr. Suess tone of voice without even thinking about it. 
The five year old’s eyes got quite large as he listened intently. He then asked, “God sent you that?”

“Yes,” I replied, “God wants you boys to love each other.” I was quite pleased with the opportunity to influence two impressionable young minds, and it wasn’t until later that I fully understood the oldest ones question. 

The more I thought about it I realized that he was shocked to learn that God can send you a private message via texting on your i phone. 

LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment