Friday, January 1, 2021

Reclaiming My Life




I decided to reclaim my life yesterday. 

To be honest I had been silently (okay maybe not so silently, just ask Chuck) protesting this whole pandemic lockdown thing. I kept thinking that surely we would be past this by the end of 2020.

In a moment of desperation (okay that might be a slight exaggeration) I googled “When Will Covid 19 Be Over?” and shockingly learned that basically never. In other words it’s here to stay like the seasonal flu, and we are going to have to learn to live with it the best we can. 
Up until yesterday I was attending my WW (Weight Watchers) via Zoom. Consequently over time I’ve found myself less and less motivated to eat healthy. I was missing human interaction, and encouragement. So yesterday I attended a workshop in person. 

I can’t tell you how much I enjoyed seeing my coach’s familiar face. She assured me that next week several of the regular attendees would be there as well. After the meeting I lingered for a few moments to talk with our coach and receptionists. It really felt good to connect with people again. 

From there I made my way to the library. The last time I had been there was in February. Now mind you I’m a once a week library gal, so I had really been missing perusing the aisles. Our local library had shut down for Covid and then remained closed to finish up a renovation. It felt good to be back in person. 

As I sit here today writing this post I’m ready to get on with life, and stop sitting around waiting for “it” to be over. 

One of my goals this year is to return to daily postings on my blog. I’ve missed it, and I’ve missed the creative outlet it affords me. 

I’ll be making a batch of black-eyed peas in my instant pot later today so as not to tempt fate. I wanted to to wish everyone a Happy New Year, and look forward to 2021. 

No comments:

Post a Comment