Friday, January 22, 2021

Zoom




If you’d asked me a year ago about Zoom I would have been clueless. However, today Zoom has become a regular part of my life. 

Yesterday I zoomed with a group of friends that I used to meet monthly for dinner. Since the pandemic hit our monthly dinners have been put on hold. However, getting to still see each other from our computer screen has helped to fill the void. 

Since March I have participated in Bible Study, Weight Watchers and Book Club via Zoom. At first it was exciting to still see the members of each group. Looking forward to checking in with them helped make the staying at home not so bad. It gave the illusion that things weren’t so out of order. 

Sadly over time my Bible Study ended for the summer, fewer and fewer of the familiar faces from Weight Watchers were showing up for our meetings, and my enthusiasm for Book Club seemed to wane. 

Recently I started attending my Weight Watcher meetings in person. They have reopened their studio with strict guidelines in place. Although, there were only five of us in attendance this week it still felt good to be engaged in conversation again in person. 

I’m grateful for Zoom in many ways because it has helped me stay connected, but I do miss the old days when we showed up in person. 

No comments:

Post a Comment