Thursday, January 21, 2021

Learning From Your Successes




Today at my WW (Weight Watchers) meeting my coach Kim made a really good point. She reminded us to not just learn from our mistakes, as we are often told, but to also learn from our successes. 

When you consider your actions when working toward a goal it’s easy to obsess on what you might have done wrong. Our failures have a way of hanging around reminding us that we have fallen short. 

But the reality is that we also have been successful along the the way as well. If you need motivation take a moment to look back on what you have done right. What actions have been successful in the past? 

How we view this journey we call life can be determined by how we choose to frame it. Yes, we certainly can learn from our past mistakes, but don’t let the lesson of your successes be forgotten. 

I’m going to remind myself of this as I go through my week, and fall back on what I know works when I need motivation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment