Wednesday, January 13, 2021

Snow Day




Yesterday I drove down to Comanche, and along the way I had a nice surprise. Although, the roads were perfectly clear, everything else was still blanketed with snow. 

It was so picturesque to see the rolling hills covered in white. Although we had a flurry or two in Euless nothing ever stuck, so getting to enjoy the beauty of the snow was unexpected. 

As I reminisced on snow days of the past I remembered my first year to teach it snowed, and I had made a snow family of three using the snow on the hood of my car. 

The next morning I had gotten up to go to school, and there stood the little family like a huge hood ornament on my car. Rather than knock them off I decided to drive to school figuring that by the time I got there they would have slid off the hood. 

Remarkably, they were still in tact when I got there. I remember bringing my class of kindergarteners out to the parking lot that morning to see them. They were delighted, and I was tickled that I had driven the whole twenty minute drive without losing them. 

If I don’t experience any more snow this winter, though, it will be perfectly fine to me, but I sure am glad some stuck around long enough for me to enjoy the view.

No comments:

Post a Comment