Tuesday, January 19, 2021

Coloring




One of my favorite pastimes these days is coloring. Each night as Chuck and I settle down to watch some tv I pull out my 72 count set of colored pencils along with a coloring book, and get to work. 

The pencils were a Christmas present from a year ago, and several of the colors have had to be replaced due to excess use. I find coloring to be just as satisfying today as it was when I was a child. 

I remember taking great pride in outlining and carefully shading in each page of my coloring book. Coloring contests are the only competitions that I ever actually enjoyed participating in. The idea of coloring outside the lines did not set well with me. 

Ideally, I’d love to outline each shape in marker, but since my couch is cream-colored I’ve basically stuck to a high quality colored pencil. I’m pretty discerning when it comes to my coloring books, and shy away from overly busy pages with small areas to color. 

What I really enjoy about coloring is that I don’t have to be an “accomplished artist” to end up with a pretty decent product. Coloring is relaxing, and generally easy to do. 

Right now I’m finishing up a few pages that remain in my collection of coloring books before I purchase some new ones. 

If you are looking for an enjoyable, relaxing hobby you might consider taking up or returning to coloring. 

No comments:

Post a Comment