Thursday, August 9, 2018

The Paint by Number Life


The paint by number life. 

Attorney Brittan Heller believes that there are two ways to think about your life. It's either a paint by number one or a connect the dots approach. 

I couldn't help but think about how this idea related to my life, and the choices I have made along the way.  I think when I was first starting out my adult life I felt a security in the paint by number approach. One of my good friends made the comment that I seemed to have my whole life planned out without question. 

I may have had plans, but they couldn't have gone more awry. Although, I just assumed that I would be painting in the numbers, my life really took more of a dot to dot  approach. 

Not that I've done anything extremely out of the ordinary along the way, but I've never been one to have the five year plan. On the flip side I've taken advantage of opportunities that have come my way connecting the dots as I've gone along. Paint by number might seem more secure, but even a paint by number life might have room for some dot connecting.



Interestingly, I actually remember when I figured out how dot to dots worked when I was in first grade. This aha moment resulted in understanding the pattern of numbers. Up until now I really hadn't thought much about the two different approaches, but I'm thinking the dot to dot life has been more fun. 

No comments:

Post a Comment