Monday, August 20, 2018

A Few Things


A few things. 

Bai- If you haven't tried this drink yet it's really quite refreshing. My favorite flavors so far are blueberry and pomegranate. I'm looking for caffeine free alternatives, and this seems to be hitting the spot. 

Aloe Vera- My last Aloe Vera plant bit the dust when I inadvertently left it out last winter. I had not replaced it, and wished I had when I burnt my finger while cooking the other day. I made a point to pick one up on my next trip to Walmart. This time he'll make his home inside ready for any other cooking injury that might come my way. 

Cosmic Cafe- Chuck and I tried out this vegetarian eatery on Oak Lawn this past Saturday. I had a pretty yummy bean burger all the while experiencing sensory overload by the unique decor. It's a fun place to grab a bite to eat. 

Bella- I used my Kohl's gift card that I received for my birthday to buy a Bella hot air popcorn popper. I had been popping my popcorn in a brown lunch bag, but this gem does a much better job, and the kernels pop moister and fluffier. I spritz it with a little olive oil, add salt, and my non-dairy Parmesan. 



Rain- It looks like another rainy day, which is actually a welcome change during these hot summer days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment