Friday, August 17, 2018

Friday


Friday. 

I must be having a whole lot of fun because time is just flying by. How can it already be Friday?

And along those lines how can it already be August, and half way through August at that? How can I be starting my tenth year of retirement, and how is it possible that if I were eligible I could already be collecting Social Security?

The weeks just seem to fly by, and although there was a time in my life when I would have welcomed that, now I wish things would just slow down. My oldest grandson is just a few months from being three, and the six month old is determined to set the Guiness Book of World Records for youngest baby to walk. 

As much as I try to embrace the moment, those moments are passing by in the blink of an eye. In the last few days I've seen so many of my friends' children reaching milestones as they begin kindergarten, enter middle or high school, or are off to college. 

Don't take any of those moments for granted because just like Friday you will close your eyes for just a moment, and it will all just be a far away memory. Treasure these days. 





No comments:

Post a Comment