Thursday, August 2, 2018

"Live Simply, Savor Everything"


"Live Simply, Savor Everything"

I had an opportunity this week you have lunch with some friends who I have known since junior high. One was in town, and had sent out a text inviting us all to meet her for lunch the next day at La Madeline.

As luck would have it we were all able to make it. We agreed that if it wasn't for Face Book we  probably would have not been meeting together that day for lunch. We had been able to stay connected through the use of social media. We knew about each other's children and grandchildren through our postings. 

While in line to get my drink I noticed the words, "Live Simply, Savor Everthing," was displayed on the drink dispenser. I found it quite appropriate as we broke bread, and shared events from both past and present. Our lunch stretched out over several hours as we laughed, and shared more personal struggles in our life. 

It's funny how decades have passed since we were in each other's lives daily, but we seemed to pick up right where we left off. When it was time to leave we exchanged phone numbers, and took a photo to capture the moment in time. 

Along with learning French when I visited the restroom that day, I also learned to savor the simple things in life. 







No comments:

Post a Comment