Tuesday, May 8, 2018

We Meet Again


We meet again. 

Yesterday I had the opportunity to reunite with some of my former second graders who are graduating seniors this year. In preparation for the event I pulled out their class picture, and began a walk down memory lane. 

I remember as a whole the class was a very sweet group of children. Some faces brought back more memories than others, but I couldn't help but laugh when I remembered one of my boys bringing in an anatomy book from home, and warning me about the "inappropriate" pages. 

It was wonderful catching up with each former student as they talked about their plans for the future. One was playing football in Colorado, while two of my sweet girls were planning on being teachers, a couple of the boys were studying engineering, and another girl had plans to become an interior designer. 

I even had one girl thank me for teaching her cursive. Apparently she is one of the few who still uses it today, and really loves it. Not surprisingly she was one of the group that was going into education. Perhaps she'll be able to carry on the legacy. 

I remember my own high school graduation as a time of great promise as I entered the world of adulthood. I encouraged them all to enjoy their college days, but of course reminded them to apply themselves as well. They all seemed genuinely happy to be able to reconnect with the teachers who started them out on their academic career. 

Unfortunately, several students had moved on along the way, and were unable to attend. I had brought our class picture, and we had fun figuring out who was who, and what had happened to each one of them. 


Next year will be my last year to attend this event, as my last class will be graduating. I look forward to seeing them again, and hope there is a good turnout. Congratulations Class of 2018!

No comments:

Post a Comment