Tuesday, May 1, 2018

Tech-NO-logically Challenged


Tech-NO-logically challenged. 

I think I know what is going to send the Baby Boomer generation over the edge as they continue into their golden years-passwords and on-line accounts for EVERYTHING!

As I was setting up a few new on-line accounts for things like our HOA and security system it hit me that in about twenty years there would probably be no way I could keep up with this sort of thing.  

I couldn't help but wonder if an aging farmer of the 1950's had this problem as he wrote a few checks a month to cover the utility bills. Today with every account having an on-line component I just don't see how it will be possible to keep up with it all.

I find myself experiencing a low level of anxiety every time I have to set up something new. It's not that I can't actually do it, but more that I detest having to do it. I'm not really a detail person, and filling out forms of any kind is kind of like pulling teeth. 

I'm just afraid that my independence will be over sooner than later due to normal cognitive decline, and the high level of technology required. Let's just say, I was hoping to put off the need for a Jitterbug phone until at least my eighties, but I may have to acquiesce. I'll just keep my fingers crossed that some young whippersnapper comes up with an app for that, and I can hold on a little longer. 


I'm thinking for my generation it won't be a matter of taking the keys away since driverless cars will be the norm, but rather the computer so I don't accidentally give away the 401K!

No comments:

Post a Comment