Thursday, May 10, 2018

Life is an Adventure


Life is an adventure. 

A former co-worker of mine posted that her husband was leaving a career in law enforcement that spanned thirty-one years for a new position in the corporate world. She said it was an opportunity he could not pass by. 

It got me to thinking about how often people don't take that next step out of fear of the unknown. For some reason clinging to the known trumps even the good that the unknown might bring. 

Now what I've learned along the way is that moving to that next stage usually includes a period of transition. What that entails is allowing yourself to feel some discomfort. Although, not always pleasant at the moment, discomfort generally results in growth. Kind of like those growing pains you may have felt in your legs as a child. 

I don't like to lock myself into any one thing in life, because you never know what adventure is right around the corner. I've made a few choices in my life that I ended up not liking, but inevitably I came away always knowing more. I think about how if I had never taken the risk how much I would have missed.

At my age it's easy to think that staying settled is the best thing. I can't help but think that shaking things up a little bit is more fun, because after all life really is an adventure. 




No comments:

Post a Comment