Thursday, May 3, 2018

The Birthday Month


The birthday month. 

Well apparently celebrating your birthday for an entire month is a real thing. It must be if when doing a Google search you find plenty of postings all instructing you how to stretch out your birthday for up to thirty-one days. 

It must be a real bummer to have a February birthday, and for those of us lucky enough to fall in the thirty-one day category a whole extra day to lavish our narcissistic selves. Aren't birthdays wonderful!

I do find it interesting, though, how EVERTHING seems to have gone to the extreme these days. Thanksgiving isn't quite enough on its own. Today you have to add in a Friendsgiving as well. Christmas can't be one day, but rather a twenty-four day Elf on the Shelf extravaganza. Halloween now requires parents to dress up as well when accompanying there little ghosts and goblins while trick-or-treating. 

Of course, not being an overly celebratory person or as it is more accurately called, a stick in the mud, might be why I seem to be struggling with all the revelry. 

My husband's aunt, a woman before her time, has always celebrated the first fifteen days leading up to her birthday, and secretly I've been a little envious. Of course, that might have more to do with the fact that I only have five days to celebrate before my own birthday, so the whole birthday month seems to appeal more and more. 

I guess I better get to work planning the thirty-one days of celebration since my birthday month is right around the corner.









No comments:

Post a Comment