Monday, May 14, 2018

Angry Bird


Angry Bird. 

I felt like I was living through an Angry Bird video game this Saturday when I was awakened well before seven by a very persistent Cardinal repeatedly dive bombing my window. For some mistaken reason, I thought when visiting my daughter's country home the only possible early alarm might be an itinerant rooster, but I was wrong. 

Come to find out Cardinals are very territorial especially during mating season, and when they catch their reflection in a window or car mirror they attack. Not only has the bedroom window been a victim, but you should see my poor daughter's car. 

Apparently after the nest is made, and the eggs are laid the relentless male can chill a little, and not fear encroachment on his woman and future family.  However, this relentless bird has made life around their home less than pleasant.

 Up until this weekend I didn't know there was a dark side to these beautiful birds. Most of the time I'm trying to figure out which deceased family member they are representing. For the life of me I was clueless as to who this crazed bird might be. 



Luckily, he must have taken pity on me on Sunday morning as he never once made a peep, or I should say peck at my bedroom window. Perhaps, he had a soft spot for his own mother, and just wanted to wish me a Happy Mother's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment