Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Bombas


Bombas. 

One of my Mother's Day gifts this year was socks. Now I know what you are thinking, who asks for socks for Mother's Day?  Except, these weren't any old socks, no they were Bombas socks. 

Bombas socks caught my eye earlier this year when I learned more about their company. Its founders were in the market to start a business, and by happenstance learned that socks were the most requested item at homeless shelters. Using the Tom's Shoes model they decided to donate a pair for each pair sold. They also decided to create the best socks ever. Fast forward about three years, and they have sold and donated over a million socks. 

For me their colorful look is what turned my head. Of course, the donation part was pretty cool, too. The only drawback for me was their cost. You see I'm basically frugal when it comes to the basics, or perhaps to be even more transparent I'm cheap, and just couldn't bring myself to spend around $10.00 a pair. 

That's where Mother's Day came in. A gift is completely different than a necessary purchase. The higher cost didn't seem so outrageous then. It was kind of like the time I asked for a block of Parmigiana Regiano as a stocking stuffer. It's $11.00 dollar cost just didn't quite fit into my grocery budget.  So much to the chagrin of my husband, I put in an order for socks. 

As I opened the packaging outside the post office I couldn't help, but be filled with glee at their sheer beauty. Not only that, but they felt luxurious as well. I couldn't wait to get home to try on a pair. I must say I have fallen in love, and am gazing adoringly upon them as I write. 


Sometimes you just have to let go of practicality and splurge a little bit. Of course, if you can do this in the confines of a gift, you can eliminate guilt altogether!

2 comments:

  1. They have caught my eye, too. Are they really thick?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The ones I got are not thick. Mine are the ankle length, and are a good thickness.

    ReplyDelete