Tuesday, May 29, 2018

Mixed Messages


Mixed messages. 

Cooper, my poodle, turned five yesterday, and along with a bag full of treats, and a new backyard tennis ball, he got a new bowl. His old bowl was a gift from my daughter, and he had used it for the last five years. Unfortunately, I dropped it on the ceramic tile at our last house, and chipped it on both sides. 

When I was washing the new bowl for the first time I peeled off the label, and read that it should not be used in the microwave. When I looked at the back of the actual bowl it clearly stated that the bowl was microwave safe. 

Hmmm... I wonder which one I should believe? I guess the good thing is that Cooper eats dry kibbles that have no need of being heated. Except, that when you are given mixed messages you really don't know what to believe. 

This happens a lot on the news. You watch one channel and they're telling you one thing and insisting that it is the truth. Then you change the channel, and you are getting a whole different story. Can they both be right? I highly doubt it. 



Opinions are one thing, but facts should be constant. I've written before about this need for truth that I seem to have. It's hard to base decisions on what you think or hope to be true only to find out that it was wrong all along. 

No comments:

Post a Comment