Thursday, May 31, 2018

Future


Future. 

It's not often in a day's time you notice the same thing three times. Yesterday was one of those days. 

First at the doctor's office, then at the post office, and finally at a local restaurant.  All three times involved a woman in her seventies struggling to walk. It pained me to see how limited they were in their ability to get around. Something I just take for granted. 

If I needed a nudge to stay physically active this was it. It also confirmed that I needed to be more proactive in doing so. I've done some walking in the evening with Chuck and Cooper, but I need to get more into a routine. 

I don't want to become complacent, and find myself struggling to get around in my seventies. If I can do something today to help craft a better future then I'm all in. 

I'm hoping to remain as physically active as I can for as long as I can. You know what they say about a body in motion staying in motion. So each step today hopefully leads to future steps. 



No comments:

Post a Comment