Wednesday, May 31, 2017

The Interesting Person


The interesting person. 

One of my favorite commercials is the one about the "Most Interesting Man in the World." His days are spent hanging out with "beautiful" people, and doing totally outrageous things. Compared to HIS life, most of us have an extremely boring life with a capital B.

In The Pursuit of Happiness by Chris Guillebeau he writes about Tina Roth Eisenberg who each week hosts something she calls Creative Mornings which features, "...a talk by an artist or other interesting person."

This got me to thinking about what constitutes being interesting? I'm assuming it has to be totally subjective, as to what I find interesting might not interest you at all. The definition of interesting according to the Oxford Dictionary is, "Arousing curiosity or interest; holding or catching the attention." 

Given the choice I'd much rather aspire to being interesting, and spend time around others whom I consider interesting as well. If truth be told, I seem to find those who think differently than me the most interesting. My fascination with tiny home living, and tattoo shows all stem from trying to figure out the motivations of those unlike me. 

 I can't help but think that your life experiences, your travels, and your knowledge all contribute toward you being an interesting person. That and your receptiveness toward learning new things all help make and keep you interesting. Eisenberg states, "I want to be remembered as a person who wasn't afraid to start things." I have to agree with her mantra. That and of course the mantra of the Most Interesting Man in the World, "Stay thirsty my friends."









No comments:

Post a Comment