Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Saying Hello


Saying hello.

I'm making a point to saying hello to the people I meet at my apartments. What I'm finding is that this gesture is not only a friendly thing to do, but it has been opening doors to new opportunities. 

My neighbor around the corner has a little dog that she brings to a Memory Care facility not far from us. She has recruited me to do the same with Cooper. We have plans on Wednesday to tour the facility and meet the activity director. To be honest two years ago I might have been hesitant to volunteer because I would have felt uncomfortable, but I've spend the last two years visiting Dad at his Memory Care residence, and I feel right at home.

The other day I was walking back from the dog park with Cooper, and stopped to speak with a young woman who was taking photographs of the lake. Come to find out she was a blogger too, and after looking up her fitness blog I learned she was a lifetime member of Weight Watchers as well. I had already considered returning to meetings, and had found a new Weight Watcher location in the area. She was just the motivation I needed to get back on track. 



I think about how I would have missed out on two wonderful opportunities if I had not stopped to say hello. Doors will open if you allow them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment