Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Enneagram


Enneagram. 

I've always been fascinated by personality tests. Maybe I should be more honest and admit that my fascination actually borders on compulsion. I'm not sure why, but I seem to struggle when it comes to identifying my type. 


I picked up a book at the library last week about the enneagram, and went right to work trying to figure myself out. It didn't take long for me to narrow it down to one, but then found myself questioning whether it was accurate? Before the day was through I'd tried on a couple more for size. Heck, before it was said and done I'd even figured out Chuck.

Except, I never did quite feel certain that I'd picked the right one for me, so I considered a fourth choice which seemed like it might fit. After investigating further, and determining it was me I found myself in a deep funk, because I really didn't like that type, and found myself depressed over my choice. 

The next morning I took an on-line Enneagram test, and guess what? Apparently my first choice was my type after all! My spirits immediately lifted because I felt so at home with who I was, and really liked what it said about me. 


Except, I'm not sure I read anywhere that my type is CRAZY, considering what I'd just put myself through for the past few days.  I'm thinking figuring out the enneagram might be above my pay grade. 

1 comment: