Monday, August 15, 2016

Uncertain


Uncertain. 

One thing I am certain of is that we live in an uncertain world. Things can literally change in an instant. So how are we to deal with this uncertainty?  Writer Bernard Beckett approaches it with these words, "Human spirit is the ability to face the uncertainty of the future with curiosity and optimism." 

I find this to be wise advice, and want to chose this outlook for my future. Although, I know I may not be spared difficulties, I do not want to make this realization my main focus, and lose sight of what the world has to offer. 

Rather, I want to approach my days with the curiosity and optimism Beckett writes about. 
I want to look for beauty and goodness in simple things, and not overlook what is right before my eyes. I want to hang tightly  to the certainty of a moment and live it more fully. Now the sun might shine brightly tomorrow, or it may bring storms; of this I cannot be certain. No matter what, I want  to be thankful for my blessings, and not take them for granted.  Although, the future may be uncertain, I can be more certain of how I want to live. Don't let uncertainty get in the way of a life fully lived. 



No comments:

Post a Comment