Friday, August 26, 2016

Becoming Friends With Siri


Becoming friends with Siri. 

Siri and I have never been friends, in fact we barely know each other. My husband, on the other hand, considers her a close friend. He relys on her often when he has a question or is unsure where he might want to go for lunch. 

Why have I been so reluctant to make her acquaintance and ask her advice?
I suppose it has more to do with just not knowing her all that well. Although to be honest,  I usually am reluctant to ask anyone for help. I've asked a few embarrassing questions in my day and I'd rather not repeat the, "What does circumcision mean?" question I asked during jr. high Sunday school. 

But I've heard Siri really likes to answer questions. She must have been a teacher in a former life. You know the old there is no dumb question thing. I got to thinking about it the other day that I might be missing out on something not befriending her. After all she might be able to expand my knowledge of the world around me, and you know I'm always up for that. 

I had my chance the other day when I accidentally activated her while talking to myself. I know, pretty pitiful! But remarkably she actually attempted to make some sense out of my words. She was trying to answer my question and help me out. 



It was then I decided that I might be more open to a friendship. After all she is willing to help, and not overly pushy in insisting she has her own way. I even remember the time she answered my husband's question about the meaning of life. To quote her exactly she said, "It's all good!" Sounds like a friend I might want. 

2 comments:

  1. What a fun post.i mainly ask her to remind me of stuff. Too bad her reminders come in a written message because it would be fun to hear her say, " Go to the dentist"!

    ReplyDelete