Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Moments


Moments. 

I missed my husband's college graduation. Well, technically I was there, but I was too distracted trying to work the camcorder that I pretty much missed it. You know what is even more crazy?  We have never actually watched the video recording of the big day. 

It was at that moment that my video recording days came to a screeching halt. When we were celebrating the gender reveal of my soon to be born first grandchild, I specifically asked a friend to record the event. It was her camera, not mine that captured the blue balloons drifting  into the air, while I attempted to wipe the grin off my face. There was no way I was missing this one! 

These kind of moments are too rare and special to be lost trying to capture it on film yourself.
Now I'm not saying there is no value in recording the milestones of life. I enjoy each new video of my grandson that comes along via text on my phone. It makes the distance between us not so far. 

However, I have learned that for those special moments it is best to soak them in fully the first time around, and leave the recording to somebody else.  

"Be happy for this moment. This moment is your life."
Omar Khayyam







2 comments:

  1. So wise. The moment is fleeting but so intense when we are present.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This fits in well with your study of mindfulness in your life.

      Delete