Tuesday, July 12, 2016

The Make-Over

The make-over. 

Have you ever had a make-over? I remember back in high school one of my classmates had a make-over that was featured in a trendy teen magazine. I was totally impressed, and secretly wished that one day I might be a make-over recipient. I had always loved seeing those before and after transformations, and wondered if their was a beautiful swan hidden inside of me. 

Fast forward about forty years, and I was reading a blog written by an over sixty woman who wrote about getting a make-over on each new birthday. I thought it was a fabulous idea so I went for mine the other day. I figured it might be time to move onto some new shades, and get some professional advice about which make-up choices were best for me at this age. 

I was lucky that my daughter was in town and she was able to accompany me. She knew all the right questions to ask, and guided me through the process. It was fun trying out new products, even though I was somewhat limited in being able to see anything without my reading glasses! 

My new products were foundation, concealer, powder, blush, eye liner and eye shadow. It turns out that her choice of lip color for me was one I was already using, so I felt like I might have been somewhat on the right track when it came to color choices.  When she was done I must admit I didn't really look all that different, but I was pleased with the results. To make it even sweeter, I was able to pay for my new make-up using a birthday gift card. 


As much fun as it was to have my make-over I still think I like the advice of Marilyn Monroe even more, "A smile is the best make-up any girl can wear."



No comments:

Post a Comment