Thursday, July 7, 2016

A Change of Taste


A change of taste. 

I think I have come to the conclusions that I'm really not that crazy about Mexican Food anymore. For years my go-to food was always cheese enchiladas, rice and beans. I've been feeling this way lately, but I didn't want to admit it was true. How could my all time favorite not quite be so appealing anymore? Isn't being a lover of Tex Mex food standard fare for being a Texan? 

But don't they say something about your taste buds changing every seven years? Or is that actually how often you are supposed to change your mattress? I always seem to get those two mixed up! 



What I've found lately though, is that I really seem to be enjoying a lighter type of food. A more farm to table or Mediterranean style seems to be more satisfying, and to be honest, I really enjoy my own cooking. Now I'm not a gourmet chef, but once I left the cream-of-whatever behind my cooking took on a whole new level. 

There was a time when I was content to eat without truly tasting, but now I find myself wanting to really savor the flavor of food more. I have mentioned her before, but Julia Child's attitude about food has become my own, "You don't have to cook fancy or complicated masterpieces-just good food from fresh ingredients."



No comments:

Post a Comment