Friday, July 15, 2016

Tragedy


Tragedy. 

With the shooting in Dallas last week our community is numb over the senseless death of five of Dallas' finest. Our hearts are broken as we watch the memorial services, and learn more about the officers and their families. 

Yesterday, terrorism hit even closer. After the shock of the attack in Nice, I learned that a 
former co-worker's husband and only child, her son, were killed in the attack. She and her 
family, including her two step-children and sister were vacationing in France and were celebrating Bastille Day.

I can't even fathom for one second what she must be going through right now. What I do know, though, is that terrorism has hit too close to home when a teacher you once taught with is making arrangements for the funeral of her husband and child. 


I don't know what the answers are, but I can no longer take comfort in thinking it couldn't happen to my family. My heart breaks for her and my prayers go out to her family. What I do know, though, is hashtags and teddy bears are not enough. 

2 comments:

  1. Oh, my, to have such a tragedy and away from home. I'm sad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You hear about this type of thing, but you never actually know the people involved. This really hit too close to home.

      Delete