Friday, July 8, 2016

Questions and Answers


Questions and answers. 

"There are years that ask questions and years that answer," are words of wisdom spoken by author Zora Neale Hurston. 

For me the the first six years after retiring were years of questions. I had only known myself as a teacher and struggled with what to do next. However, this past school year has been more of an answering year for me. I have come to a contentment in the direction I am headed. 

Now to be honest, these questioning years are often times challenging, but they do seem to be necessary for growth. It was during these years that I came to know myself more fully and deeply. This past year has provided me with a myriad of answers on many levels. 


Because I am a questioner by nature I anticipate there will be more years of questions, but more importantly I am now able to move forward using the wisdom of the answers revealed. This journey does require patience, though, because the answers do not always come as quickly as we would prefer. But luckily, once they do arrive, you may find that they were worth the wait. Are you living in a questioning year or an answering year right now?

No comments:

Post a Comment