Tuesday, November 17, 2015

All or Nothing


All or nothing. I've been guilty of this time and time again in my life. As long as everything was going well, or the way I wanted it to go I was fully engaged. This worked with my weight, my endeavors and even some relationships. However, if things began to go astray, I found myself giving up. If it couldn't be "perfect" then it wasn't worth doing. What I'm learning, though, is that life is never perfect. It doesn't matter how hard you try, something will not work out exactly as you envisioned it, especially when you allow others in the mix. So now I'm trying to be satisfied with "good enough," rather than all or nothing. Something happened the other day that was a setback. Now in the scheme of life it wasn't anything life or death, but it was frustrating. My first inclination was to just give up. It appeared that I really had little control over the situation. But in giving it some more thought, I realized that I had made a lot of progress and it was just going to take a little longer than I had hoped to reach my goal. I'm glad I'm looking at things differently now, and giving up the all or nothing mentality.

No comments:

Post a Comment