Friday, November 20, 2015

Coloring Books


Coloring books. Everywhere you look these days you are seeing coloring books for grown-ups. I think it's a great idea. Coloring was always one of my favorite things to do as a child. I loved having coloring contests. In fact it's the only kind of contest I ever really enjoyed. I think it was because I always was a good colorer. I took great pride in outlining very darkly and coloring lightly inside the lines. Yes, I'm an inside the lines kind of girl. I always have been and probably always will be. Once my Dad brought me home a Christmas coloring book when I was around ten years old. I remember making the commitment to faithfully color each page in sequential order. I loved every minute I spent coloring away to my heart's content. As a child one of my fondest desires was to own the illustrious box of 64; crayons that is. Unfortunately, I never achieved that honor. I think the box of 48 was the highest I ever owned. I continue to enjoy coloring even today. Of course I mix it up a little beween markers and colored pencils. Sometimes it's fun to be a kid again!

2 comments:

  1. It is interesting that you would write about coloring books. May I give you a link that makes me excited.
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/121306960/botanical-inklings
    Sarah is my friend and she wants to publish a coloring book for adults on watercolor paper. The options for media use just go up when you consider the quality of paper. If you like her kickstarter campaign could you let others know? She has 10 days left to raise the funds to go to publishing. Go Sarah!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll definitely check it out. I love water colors, too.

      Delete