Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Advice


Advice. I got some good advice the other day. As you know, I find myself struggling to maintain the twenty pounds I lost two years ago. I did very well for about a year, but ever since this summer I keep gaining and losing the same few pounds. More than anything though, I have found myself going back to those old, destructive eating patterns. I was at a a Weight Watchers meeting this  past weekend discussing the fact that I already know HOW to work the program, I just couldn't stay motivated to do so.  My leader told me for this week to do simply one thing. She said each time you are getting ready to eat something, ask yourself, "Is this the best food choice I can be making at this time?" I've found this to be quite  helpful, as I am holding myself accountable for my choices. It's easy to turn a blind eye to what I'm eating at the moment and act as if it doesn't matter. But, I know better. I know the truth. So this week, I'm asking myself that simple question, and I AM making better choices. I look forward to seeing a weight loss at my next meeting. It may be as little as a half a pound, but that's okay. I appreciate knowing that there are those people out there willing to offer a kind word and the help you need.

1 comment:

  1. Well, I had a great week and ended up losing 2.8 pounds. I'm ready for next week!

    ReplyDelete