Monday, November 2, 2015

Anticipation


Anticipation. About a week ago I had the pleasure of sitting in the nursery of my soon to be born grandson.  As I looked around, I saw that my daughter and son-in-law had lovingly taken care of every detail in preparation for his birth. His room was decorated in a western style so typical of his daddy. They had handcrafted his changing table, the shelves above it, and had even made a sign with his name written in rope. His toy box was brimming, his closet packed with clothes of every size, and his book collection growing. The excitement of meeting him, and getting to know him increases each day. Loving him is already a given, but loving him more is eagerly anticipated. There is something extra special about that first born child; that first grandchild. I've lived vicariously through the grandchildren of my friends, and can't wait to join the club. Welcome little one!

2 comments: