Thursday, November 5, 2015

Don't Know


Don't know. I heard an interesting statement the other day. "You don't know what you don't know." It hit me how true this was. Nine months ago I began the process of investigating the concept of assisted living. I knew nothing. Every step along the way was something new for me. Fortunately, I found that there is a community of people all willing to share with you their expertise. You will find along the way that you are not alone. Now this has been an invaluable lesson for me, because up until this point in my life I was reluctant to ask for help. But since then I have reached out to others for help in other areas. With the technological help of a friend I was able to participate in the blogging challenge I did last month. Prior to this I probably would have not participated because I didn't know how. More than anything I have learned that it is okay to not know what you don't know. You aren't expected to know it all, and there will always be someone willing to help; you just have to ask.

2 comments:

  1. That's the downfall of a Type A like the two of us! For me particularly, I want to control everything. I want to KNOW everything! I need to stop, take a breath, and then release it. Slowly. Thanks, Shari! AnnMarie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like we are two peas in a pod.

    ReplyDelete