Tuesday, October 24, 2023

Curiosity- Day 24

 


“Curiosity is a more exciting way to live in the world.  It is truly the secret to living a bigger life.”
Brian Grazer

Although I consider myself a curious person, I am often guilty of not following through on my ideas. Failing to act seems to be my downfall. 

As I searched my bookshelves I came across another fun book to help peak curiosity, and to inspire action entitled The Book of Doing by Allison Arden. 

Arden begins her book with a list of eighteen Laws of Doing. These include things like the following:

“It is never too late to start doing.”
“Learn from doing.”
“Set a vision, but be open to the exploration.”

Arden includes a plethora of fun ideas to getting you “doing.” Both your curiosity and your creativity will benefit from these activities.

Along with Arden, Brian Grazer in his book A Curious Mind, reiterates that there are two key attributes needed for curiosity to flourish. First “Pay attention to the answer to your questions, and secondly “The willingness to act.”

The beauty of Arden’s book is that it provides a way for you to rediscover the things you loved to do as a child when your curiosity was at its peak. 

Through her collection of ideas and activities you might find some inspiration for your own creativity. 

No comments:

Post a Comment