Thursday, August 26, 2021

Why I Love My House- The Play Nook



What I love about the Play Nook is that it was a totally unexpected surprise. We had not planned for it at all, and it kind of just happened. 

When we set up our living area we had a section across from the front door where we placed our pew bench. 

This bench in our last house served a dual purpose. It helped fill up the long foyer, and it could also be used for extra seating at our dining room table. 

The living area in our new house is long, and about three quarters of the room is filled with our living room furniture. We were quite pleased with how well our furniture fit, and thanked our daughter Brittany for the room setup suggestion.
 
After we placed the bench against the wall I added the rug that used to be in our foyer. When the boys first pulled out some of the toys from the moving boxes they gravitated to this area to play. 

They had plenty of room, and the living area was separate from the play area so it seemed to make good sense. Brittany suggested putting baskets under the bench for some of their favorite toys for easy accessibility. 

I had two baskets that were in the little mud room bench at our last house that worked beautifully. I added one of my Longaberger baskets for books. 

It warms this Mimi’s heart to see the boys feel comfortable to immediately get to playing when they come to my house. Along with the baskets there are toys in two of the other closets, and they do a good job of dragging them out, and setting them up in the Play Nook. 

Above the bench is a framed photo of the original Republic of Texas, and a Rocking H whiskey barrel lid that was a gift from our friend and realtor Debbie Boyce. 

Each time I walk through the door this is the first thing I see, and it brings a smile to my face. 

No comments:

Post a Comment