Thursday, August 19, 2021

Why I Love My House- The Pantry




I mentioned in my post about our floor plan how the large walk-in pantry pretty much sealed the deal in deciding to go with that plan. 

Most of my life I’ve had a basic small pantry, and just made the best of it. At one of my houses Chuck installed some extra shelving on the inside of the door. 

At our last house, though, we were fortunate to have a walk-in pantry. I was overjoyed because not only could I store food, I had a handy place for appliances and for my cookbook collection. 

Over time, though, as I added to my appliances ( instant pot and air fryer to name a few) my pantry began to get awfully crowded. I stored quite a few appliances on the floor, and overtime it became disingenuous to actually call it a walk- in pantry anymore.

The pantry we have now is actually part of the laundry room. Now I’ve seen a lot of fancy laundry rooms with extra sinks, lots of storage, and even a folding table. To be honest laundry is not my favorite thing , and a laundry room is not a place that I want to hang out in. 

So although not my idea, combining the laundry room and the pantry was genius. The pantry is accessible to my kitchen, and the door on the room muffles the sound of the washer and dryer. 

I must say I absolutely love my pantry. It is HUGE and there is a place for everything. With the floor to ceiling shelves I keep a small step stool handy to reach the things on top. 

On one side I have all my appliances, and on the other side the food. It’s easy to keep it organized and helps me not to purchase something I already had, but just couldn’t find. 

One other thing that I love about this room is that it has a large window. When I’m taking clothes out of the dryer I have a beautiful view of the cows grazing contentedly in our pasture. 

No comments:

Post a Comment