Tuesday, August 24, 2021

Why I Love My House- The Desk


               


                One of my favorites parts of my new house is the desk in the kitchen. 

In the original plan that we used as our inspiration there was a coffee bar set up between two sets of cabinets. What really caught my eye, though, was the large window over the coffee bar.
 
Now as little as I drink coffee I knew there was a better use for that space. Instead of a coffee bar, I requested a desk. I also made sure that the window over the desk would provide a view of our property from a sitting position. 

Along with the desk, the cabinet maker suggested adding some floating shelves on either side of the window, which turned out just great! I’ve had fun pulling out some beloved treasures to decorate the desk and the shelves. 

Now the actual desk ended up being larger than I imagined, but I LOVE all the space. I also love how we were able to configure the different sizes of the drawers in the desk. With a total of six drawers there is plenty of room for everything.

Sitting at that desk looking out at the cows grazing in the pasture has made bill paying an actual pleasure. Who knew that the right environment could make a not so pleasant task something to look forward to. 

I’ve also continued the tradition of my old house by keeping a bouquet of flowers on the desk in the Happy Everything  vase that my sister gave me. 

I can’t help but smile when I look over at my desk, and am so glad to have moved from the kitchen table which has served as my work area for the last thirty-six years to this inviting space. 

An added bonus, too, is that I even have a view of the property from the kitchen sink.

No comments:

Post a Comment