Wednesday, August 25, 2021

Why I Love My House- The Cookbook Bookcase





When we were designing the kitchen with the cabinet maker I knew that I wanted a dedicated place for my cookbooks. 

I had seen many photos over the years of kitchen islands with built-in bookcases for cookbooks. 

Although, I knew I could store them in the pantry, I envisioned sitting at my kitchen desk, and reaching over to grab a cookbook while planning my meals.

Having a dedicated place for them, not only looks good, but is very practical as well. 
I must admit that many of my recipes come off of Pinterest, but I’m still a sucker for a beautiful cookbook. 

In choosing to add the bookshelves it did take away from other storage on the island. Originally, we had considered a cabinet for cookie sheets and cutting boards. 

When we decided the island needed to be a little shorter to allow for adequate flow, I knew that between the cookie sheets and the books there was no way the cookie sheets would win. 

That being said, I do have some nice pull outs inside my cabinets which make retrieving these items quite easy, so I’m pleased with our final decision. 

No comments:

Post a Comment