Monday, August 16, 2021

Why I Love My House



(Photo credit: Mike Herrmann Construction)



I’m starting a new series called, Why I Love My House, where each day I’ll focus on some different part of our new house. 

Today I’ll start with the exterior. When Chuck and I decided we were going to build a metal building house I was thinking it would be a light shade of green with a dark green roof, and stone around the bottom third, as well as around the posts on the porch. 

I had seen this exact house online when Brittany had sent it to me, and had fallen in love with it. 

However, when the time came to choose the color of the house I began to think that maybe something that resembled a farmhouse might be better. 

I remember questioning the builder about black roofs, and white metal. He had never built one like that before, but agreed to go ahead. I also knew that I wanted black shutters, and black light fixtures. 

I originally insisted on a black front door, but eventually changed my mind. Although, I think it would have initially looked amazing, I began to wonder how practical it might be living in the country. I knew it would not be forgiving, and would probably show every blade of straw and dust that would eventually make its way onto the door. 

I can honestly say that I love the look of our house. Paired with our awesome red barn it really does look like a traditional farm house with a modern metal building twist. 

As this series continues I’ll focus on some of the different aspects of this house that I love. Tomorrow I’ll write about the front porch. 

No comments:

Post a Comment