Wednesday, March 31, 2021

Sprained Ankle Update





It’s been a month since I sprained my ankle. It’s basically taken this long for me to be able to walk comfortably and normally on it. 

The hardest part has been at night when I’m awakened by the pain. I’ve tried elevating it, but I seem to flip and flop so much I’m sure the ankle tendons are being stretched. 

Last week my son-in-law Will gave me a support brace that has made all the difference in the world. Up to that point I was using a very cumbersome support brace or an ace bandage which did very little good at all. 

For the first time in twenty-four days it felt the best it had. I’m not quite out of the woods yet, but I am encouraged. I am going to slowly increase my walking to help strengthen it without over doing it. 

I’ve also started taking some turmeric capsules to help with the inflammation. At the beginning I was taking Advil for the pain, but I didn’t want to take any more than I really needed. 
It’s amazing how in one moment everything can change. Lucky for me this has really only been a month out of my life. I count my stars that it wasn’t as bad as it could have been. 

Sadly I’ve given up my beloved Keens because they had become too stretched out, and provided me with no support when my foot stepped down on the ledge between the driveway and the garage. 

It’s time to invest in some new shoes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment