Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Latest Obsessions


Latest obsessions. 

Okay, maybe not literal obsessions, but pretty darn good. 

Amy's Dairy Free Burritos- Just add a little salsa, and you won't even miss the cheese. 

Celestial Seasonings Lemon Zinger tea- Add some Nature Nate's raw honey, and it's pretty yummy. 

Veritas brand colored pencils- I purchased these at LifeWay Christian Bookstore for Bible Journaling, and have been quite pleased. I even like the cylinder container they came in. 

Robin Cook- He has always been a favorite author of mine, and I happened across two of his novels at Half-Price Books the other day. (Actually Half Price Books should probably be added to the list as well.)  I'm reading Crisis right now, and have a feeling I'll be moving on to the next one soon. He writes medical thrillers that always entertain. My goal is to read at least one fiction book a month, and with Cook's help I think I'll get there. 

Sugar Snap Peas- Where have these been all my life? I picked some up the other day while visiting Brittany, and coupled with roasted red pepper hummus they add a new zip to my crudités. That's just a fancy French way of saying raw vegetables dipped in a dipping sauce in case you were wondering?


Steel cut oats with fresh blueberries- I've never been an oatmeal fan, but I think I've finally stumbled upon a tasty solution. Steel cut oats are the least processed of the oats, and when combined simply with blueberries end up being quite good. I've always found blueberries to be better warm, and that's exactly what happens when you mix them with the warm oats. 

"Outer order contributes to inner calm."
Gretchen Rubin



No comments:

Post a Comment