Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Balance


Balance. 

I am naturally inclined to seek balance in my life. As a parent I did the same for my daughter. What I have found is that in those times of imbalance my immune system would break down, and I would pay the price by getting sick. 

Something else I've noticed is that my actual balance has become pretty darn pitiful over the last decade. Putting my shorts on in the morning has almost become a death defying act as I balance precariously on one foot hoping not to topple over. 

What used to be effortless, curb walking requires the concentration of a heart surgeon. I've read about excercises that can be done to help improve balance, and wonder if they really make a difference? Sometimes this aging thing is for the birds. 

So as much as I think I've mastered the whole balanced life thing, I think I might need to focus more on my actual balance.

"Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving."

Albert Einstein 

No comments:

Post a Comment