Thursday, September 21, 2017

Diversify


Diversify.  

One of my favorite podcast is Happier with Gretchen Rubin. Along with her longer podcasts she also includes something she calls A Little Happier. This is a quick little pick me up that is usually just a few minutes long. 

One of her most recent podcasts gave advice about diversifying. Now, not to be confused with a Dave Ramsey Financial Freedom episode, Gretchen refers to diversifying in all areas, not just financial. 

She does quote the words of a former law professor, "The investor is wise who diversifies." Although, it is common knowledge to diversify when it comes to your finances, I think diversifying in other areas makes for a more interesting life. 

Diversify the genres of books you read, don't just eat one type of cuisine, widen your circle of friends, vacation in different places, or have more than one hobby to name a few diversification possibilities. 

I'm finding an interesting life is more fun, and does bring me happiness. Sometimes I find myself bouncing from one interest to another, but I am rarely bored and love knowing there is always something new to learn. 

(Example: When adding frozen edamame to a salad make sure you cook it first. Trust me, I learned first hand when I realized my mistake and had to rescue each piece from my coleslaw base before completing the salad.)



No comments:

Post a Comment