Monday, September 18, 2017

When You Just Have to Know


When you just have to know. 

I love the way children seem to have a knack for observing the world around them. This starts very early, and their natural curiosity is how they make sense of what's going on. 

The other day my daughter was sitting outside watching my grandson play, and attempting to read a page or two of a parenting book she had recently ordered. As adorable as our little one is, he has reached that stage of independence that doesn't always look or sound too pleasant. 

Wanting to make the right choices, my daughter decided a little parental education might not be a bad idea. Except, as with everything my grandson had noticed that his mom was quite enthralled by her new book. He has been a book lover, himself, since the beginning, which really warms this book loving Mimi's heart.  

In fact, as a nine month old he was so interested in the book Cowboy Small, that I was afraid that when given the chance between eating and reading, he might just starve. I was amazed and amused at how he would swing his head around for the next page which he watched and listened to intently. Each time I turned the page he would go back in for a little drink, only to whip his head back for the next part of the story. 

My daughter sent me a picture the other day of him checking out her parenting book with a look of pure concentration. I asked her if there were pictures in the book, and she said no. I guess he's trying to figure out what all those marks on the page are, and wondering why Mommy finds them so interesting. 


All I can say is I love this boy more and more each day as he navigates his  way through his world, and can't wait to continue sharing with him my love of books. 

1 comment: