Thursday, September 22, 2016

Words


Words. 

"Be careful with your words. Once they are said, they can only be forgiven,  not forgotten." Leave it to the Internet to provide the perfect quote. 

One of my biggest flaws is the fact that I talk too much and too fast. Words seem to slip out before I even have time to think about what I'm saying. The worst part about this is that it always seems to affect those closest to me. They seem to take the brunt of my never ending carelessness. 

When I am in a group setting and find myself dominating the conversation, I try to remind myself to W.A.I.T. ; in other words ask myself Why Am I Talking? 



Recently after hurting someone I love with my words, I turned to the Psalms for guidance. Psalm 141:3 teaches, "Set a guard, O Lord, over my mouth; keep watch over the door of my lips." Although, I have been forgiven, I know that unkind words sting and are rarely truly forgotten. 

No comments:

Post a Comment