Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Scratchy Napkins


Scratchy napkins. 

I've always tried to be careful with my spending, and getting a deal is sure to bring a smile to my face. I am grateful I learned from my mother to buy quality, but to find it on sale. 

For years I purchased a name brand package of napkins thinking I was getting quality at a reasonable price. However, for some reason one day I decided to spend a few cents more and pick up a fancier brand. When I got home I couldn't believe the difference. Who knew that there was such a thing as a soft paper napkin? 

My life changed immediately. I emphatically declared, "Life is too short for scratchy napkins." Since then I've learned to splurge on a few things like real cheese vs the orange cheese product you peel off of a piece of cellophane. When I made the choice to eat more real food as opposed to processed, I found more money in my grocery budget to spend on the things we liked. 



Although, I don't recommend throwing caution to the wind when it comes to finances, I do recommend splurging a little on something you really enjoy. After all life really is too short. 

2 comments:

  1. I found myself thinking of the phrase "spend out" this morning when I decided to use a very special art supply. Why save it? What can be better than today?

    ReplyDelete