Friday, September 16, 2016

Moderation





Moderation. 

"Do nothing in excess, even moderation," is one of Gretchen Rubin's Secrets of Adulthood. This hit me like a ton of bricks. I'm not very extreme in my life. I rarely follow trends, or get overly excited about anything. I'm practical and level-headed. I don't know if this is just my temperament or something I have adapted over the years? What I do know is that I have been excessively moderate. On second thought I think I'd rather be moderately excessive. 



How about you?

3 comments:

  1. Do you see moderation as a negative thing? I hear you thinking that you 'd like to be passionately immoderate about something? What?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure that moderation on its own is bad, however when it becomes excessive in that nothing is ever done excessively then I have to wonder if that is best. As to what I might want to be less moderate about...that is a question that I cannot answer at this time. I guess I like to challenge myself to be more reflective about my life. Do you consider your self more moderate?

      Delete
    2. I think others would see me as moderate but I feel that i am excessive in expressing myself. I need to do it! Whatever form it takes, I just need to do it.

      Delete