Thursday, September 8, 2016

Goldfish Crackers


Goldfish crackers. 

Have you ever wondered about how the goldfish cracker was invented? Prior to its existence we were subject to the standard cheese cracker; a square, cheesy piece of goodness enjoyed by many. 

I can only imagine that initial pitch for the goldfish shaped cracker.  You see novelty sells. Why not change the shape of the cracker and open up a whole new cheesy universe. Well apparently that's what happened when Pepperidge Farm introduced their little gold mines. 

My first experience with these little fish was after my brother was born in the mid-sixties. My mom used to bring a baggieful of them to church on Sunday him occupied during mass. They worked like a charm and kept him quite content. Even today the newer mini-goldfish crackers are one of my grandson's favorites. 

Novelty goes a long way so don't be reluctant to think outside the box, or more appropriately the bag! 




No comments:

Post a Comment