Thursday, March 17, 2016

St. Patrick's Day


St. Patrick's Day.

Growing up I knew that my grandparents were originally from Ireland. I remember my grandmother making her Irish Soda Bread, which I must admit I didn't really care for. I don't really remember St. Patrick's Day being more than just a day I wore green so as not to get pinched. However, I do remember my mother sharing with me stories about St. Patrick himself; how he was credited with driving all the snakes out of Ireland, and taught the Trinity through the shamrock. 

But St. Patrick's Day took on a whole new meaning when my almost two weeks late daughter was born on that day. I beamed with pride that she chose that day to enter the world. I felt like she had been born under a lucky star. Recently I had my DNA tested through Ancestry.com and found myself to be 84% Irish with a little Great Britian thrown in for good measure. All in all I feel pretty luck to hail from the Emerald Isle. 



Happy St. Paddy's Day y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment