Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Boundaries


Boundaries. 

Merriam Webster defines boundaries as, "something that indicates or fixes a limit or extent." 

I'm learning more about setting boundaries in my life. You see if you tend to be a people pleaser, like me, this is a very uncomfortable place to be. It's safer to just go along with 
something than to risk upsetting someone. 


But just like your house comes equipped with a door, or your yard with a fence, there is a reason for boundaries. You are allowed to determine how much or how little you want to allow someone into your life. You are allowed to decide where your boundaries begin and end. 


And once this begins to happen you will find that you can let go of some not so healthy behaviors like managing and controlling everything. If life begins to become a little too stressful, it might be time to think about boundaries. 

2 comments:

  1. Another piece of good advice with wisdom woven in. I need to think about this also, since I like to say 'yes' to so much, and don't like conflict. When you haven't practiced setting boundaries all your life, it's hard to learn how to. But I'm trying. Thank you, Shari for your words of wisdom that really always get me thinking. AnnMarie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Like you I have been uncomfortable setting boundaries, but learning this has really helped me in the last few months.

      Delete